Charles Kemp & George IngelowPrint Page
A window, erected by public subscription commemorates Charles Kemp and George Ingelow who were treasurers of the Building Fund of the Cathedral. The window represents the three Marys at the Sepulchre; they held Him by the feet, the journey to Emmaus, and the Supper at Emmaus.
Kemp was one of the colony's leading Anglican laymen. He served on many church committees, both parochial and diocesan. In 1860-64 he was active in raising funds for building St Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney.
|Address:||George & Bathurst Streets, St Andrews Cathedral, Sydney, 2000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.874006|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
In Memory of Charles Kemp, Esq. who died 25th Aug, 1864.
and of George Kilgour Ingelow, Esq. who died 10th Aug, 1865.
Treasurers of the Building Fund of this Cathedral.
This Window is erected by their Friends and Fellow Labourers.