Reverend Robert Alexander RedmondPrint Page
Wooden plaque erected by the congregation and friends to the memory of Reverend Redmond.
The new parish of Leura and Wentworth Falls was created in 1904 and on 8 February 1905, four days after the opening of the Wentworth Falls church and four years after the opening of the church in Leura, R.A Redmond, from the Presbyterian church in Ireland, was inducted as the first parish minister. Redmond was come to Australia an ill man and, although the mountain air did some good, he died in 1911.
On Sunday morning last, a memorial tablet was unveiled in St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Wentworth Falls, to the memory of the late Reverend J. Redmond, a former minister. The ceremony was performed by Mr Milburne, an old college friend.
Blue Mountain Echo (NSW), 11 October 1912.
|Address:||60-62 Falls Road, St Andrew`s Presbyterian Church, Wentworth Falls, 2782|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.714131|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 6th October, 1912|