Reverend L.C.H.BarbourPrint Page
The freestanding Room of Remembrance at the Megalong Valley Uniting Church is erected on a sandstone plinth and has a skillion roof of corrugated steel. It is dedicated to the Reverend L.C.H. Barbour.
The Revd L.C. H. Barbour had replaced C.J. Leese in 1940 as the Congregationalist minister with responsibility for the valley. Barbour was a vigorous and much-loved pastor, known as the 'Shepherd of the Valley'. He gave leadership in the successful efforts to replace the old pise building with the present church in 1943. He died in 1960.
The future of the heritage listed Megalong Uniting Church and Remembrance Hall is doubtful as there are currently plans for its sale.
|Address:||Megalong Road, Opposite school, Megalong Valley, 2785|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.715478|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1961|
'This Room of Remembrance was dedicated to the glory of God and the Christian education of children for the Rev. L.C.H. Barbour "Shepherd of the Valley" 1940-45 +1954-60'.