Mercy JeffriesPrint Page Print this page

A stained glass window erected by friends commemorates Mercy Jeffries who died in 1903. The length of the window is 11ft 4 inches in which two angels are depicted holding aloft the text " Her children arise up and call her blessed" on the base of the window is a cross and crown with the inscription.

Mercy Jeffries was the wife of the Reverend William Jeffries, Minister of Kent Town, 1902 - 1907 and 1917 - 1918. She was very active in the church and taught Sunday School. 

A window in memory of the late Mrs. Jeffries wife of the Rev. W. Jeffries, was unveiled at Kent Town Methodist Church on Sunday morning. The Rev. C. Reed performed the ceremony.  Mrs. Jeffries, he said, was among the congregation for hardly a year, and won the hearts and the sympathies of large numbers of people. The window they had erected to her memory was a tribute of loving affection.
The Register (Adelaide), 17 August 1903.




Address:Fullarton Road & Grenfell Street, Wesley Uniting Church, Kent Town, 5067
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.919308
Long: 138.622867
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:People
Monument Designer:Messrs H L Vosz (designer) Mr J.F.Williams (artist)


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 16th August, 1903
Front Inscription

(On Cross and Crown)

Erected in memory of Mercy Jeffries , wife of the Rev.William Jeffries, who died on February 25th 1903. Erected by friends. 

Source: Wesley Uniting Church, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design