Edward Herbert LambertPrint Page
A stained glass window erected by parishioners and friends commemorates Edward Herbert Lambert.
As was reported in last issue of the "Nepean Times" the Rev. Edward H. Lambert died in Sydney on June 18. He was born in Penrith in 1906. Edward went through Parramatta Intermediate School, and after leaving there took up a position as a clerk on the railways. Later he went to the Missionary Bible College at Croydon and was trained as a missionary. He went to China as a missionary in 1930, and was established in Western China in the province of Szechwan. He was ordained there in 1931.
It was also in 1937 that he was ordained a deacon in China, and in the same year left to return to Australia. In the following year he was ordained as a priest by the Archbishop of Sydney. He served in curacies around Sydney, including Hornsby and St. Luke's, Mosman. The period between 1947 and 1953 he served at St. Marys, and then went on to St. John's, Balmain. He took a keen interest in diocesan affairs, and was secretary of the car finance section, ana was on the special committee appointed to investigate diocesan finance.
Nepean Times (Penrith, NSW), 3 July 1958.
|Address:||Birchgrove Road and Spring Street, St John`s Anglican Church, Balmain, 2041|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.852617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th April, 1960|
The Great West Window of this Church is a memorial erected by grateful parishioners and friends in memory of EDWARD HERBERT LAMBERT , PRIEST rector of this parish from 28th July 1936 who died suddenly in the midst of his duties on Thursday 19th June 1958.
A faithful priest, loved by his flock.
Dedicated by THE MOST REV H.R.GOUGH Archbishop of Sydney and Primate of Australia On Palm Sunday 10th April 1960