Charles Henry Woods Print Page
The "Good Shepherd " window was removed from the South Essendon Methodist Church when it was being sold, and temporarily placed in storage. It was dedicated to the memory of Charles Henry Woods and was donated to the South Essendon Methodist Church by the Directors of R. J. Gilbertson and Co and dedicated by Rev. H. W. Frederick on September 17th 1933 as part of the South Essendon Methodist Jubilee Celebrations.
C. H. Woods served his church for 50 years and was the Superintendent of the South Essendon Methodist Sunday School for 45 years. He died on October 18th 1929. He laid the foundation stone of the Sunday School building.
The window was installed at St Johns on November 4th 1983.
|Address:||Mount Alexander Road & Buckley Street, St John`s Church, Essendon, 3040|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.756981|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 17th September, 1933|