Canon JenkynPrint Page
A window paid for by subscription commemorates Canon Jenkyn.
Canon Jenkyn came to the diocese of Brisbane in 1899 and from that year until 1901 he was in charge of St Michael and All Angels Church, New Farm. From 1901 to 1907 he was rector of St Mark's Warwick before going to St Paul's Ipswich where he remained until 1922. He died in 1926 after a long illness.
A handsome stained glass window was unveiled and dedicated to the memory of the late Canon L. T. H Jenkyn at the service in St Pauls Church last night by Dr.Sharp (Archbishop of Brisbane), in the presence of a large congregation. The new window which is the central triple window on the south aisle of the church, depicts Calvary, the central figures being Christ on the Cross, with St John on one side and St Mary on the other. The work was carried out by Messrs Eaton and Co. Ltd., Brisbane.
The Brisbane Courier (Qld), 5 December 1927.
|Address:||124 Brisbane Street, St Paul`s Anglican Church, Ipswich, 4305|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.614197|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Messrs Eaton & Co (Brisbane)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 4th December, 1927|
To the Glory of God and in remembrance of the
Rev. L.T.H.Jenkyn, B.A.; Hon. Canon of St John's Cathedral,
Rector of this parish , 1907-1922.