www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Archdeacon Edward OsbornPrint Page Print this page

08-January-2017
08-January-2017

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The tower of St Andrew`s Church Lutwyche commemorates Archbishop Edward Castell Osborn who worked in the Diocese for over 48 years. 

Archdeacon Osborn was ordained Deacon and Priest by the Archbishop of Brisbane in 1878 and served his first curacy at Warwick from 1878 to 1881. He also ministered at Roma and Gympie. He had a record of 30 years continuous service at  St Andrew's Lutwyche. 

The proposed memorial to the late Archdeacon Osborn which is to take the form of a tower to be erected at the new church in his old parish, St Andrew's, Lutwyche was considered at a meeting of the Diocesan Council held on Thursday. The council decided to throw in its lot with the St Andrew's Memorial project, and heartily commended it to the church people of the diocese. This means that the memorial will be a diocesan one. 
The Brisbane Courier (Qld.), 12 April 1926.

Location

Address:673 Lutwyche Road, St Andrew`s Anglican Church, Lutwyche, 4030
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.416806
Long: 153.037209
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 8th August, 1926
Front Inscription

Plaque :

To perpetuate the memory of Edward Castell Osborn

A most loved rector of this Parish for 30 years (1890 - 1920) also Archdeacon of Toowoomba.

This tower was erected by parishioners and friends and the clock by his family.

He was a faithful man and feared God above many.  Neh. VII. 2.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design