Dayal SinghPrint Page
A window in the Baptist Church chapel commemorates Dayal Singh; church member, businessman and community minded citizen.
After attending an open-air meeting conducted by John Ridley, a Baptist evangelist, in October 1929 at Lismore, Singh became a Christian. For three decades the Baptist Church benefited from his initiative and industry and at different times he served as deacon, treasurer and cemetery trustee. In 1955 he and his wife attended the Baptist World Congress in London.
In 1960 the large family house of his youth at 136 Orion Street, Lismore, became a rest home for the aged. He was a member of the Northern Rivers Aero Club, the Rotary Club of Lismore, and the North Coast National Agricultural and Industrial Society.
|Address:||Wattle Street, Baptist Church, Evans Head, 2473|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -29.116669|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.