Archdeacon Samuel FrenchPrint Page
A window ( "Thou art the King of glory" ) was erected by members of the church and friends to commemorate Archdeacon Samuel French who died in 1903.
Archdeacon French came to South Australia as chaplain to Bishop Short , and from 1881-1893 was incumbent of Glenelg. In 1901 he was made Archdeacon of Adelaide.
|Address:||Torrens Square, St Peter`s Anglican Church, Glenelg, 5045|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.978383|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||James Powell & Sons, (Whitefriars, London, England)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 14th May, 1905|
To the Glory of God and in loving memory of Samuel French, Archdeacon of Adelaide, who was Rector of this parish from 1881 to 1893.
Entered into rest 4 September 1903.