Canon F. A. Cadell Print Page
A stained glass window commemorates the services of Canon F. A. Cadell as Rector from 1908 to 1935, and also marks the centenary of the parish of Scone (1840-1940). The original window was destroyed in transit to Scone.
Gifts dedicated by the Bishop of Newcastle (Rt. Rev. F. de Witt Batty) during the Centenary celebration services held in St. Luke's Church of England, Scone, on Sunday last were: — 1. — Communion vessels, given by the family of Canon A. C. Hirst and parishioners who were in the district during his pastorate and are now away, in memory of his thirteen years as Rector. 2. — Altar furniture, Centenary gift by parishioners. 3. — Clergy Prayer Book, in memory of H. W. James, given by Mrs. M. James. 4.— Framed copy of The King's Quotation, given by Miss D. Traill. The window to have been dedicated in appreciation of Canon F. A. Cadel`s twenty-seven years' Rector ship was destroyed in transit to Scone. The gift will be dedicated, when replaced, at a later date.
Scone Advocate (NSW), 25 October 1940.
|Address:||Liverpool & Hill Streets, St Luke`s Anglican Church, Scone, 2337|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.050416|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||John Ashwin & Co.(Sydney)|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||Circa 1940|
A.M.D.G. To Mark The Centenary Of The Parish Of Scone
1840 - 1940 And In Appreciation Of The 27 Years Faithful
And Devoted Service Of Canon F A Cadell As Rector 1908 - 35
John Ashwin & Co Sydney