William KellettPrint Page
Tablet erected in 1913 by members of the congregation as a tribute to William Kellett for his 50 years of work in the parish.
A Memorial Tablet for the late Mr. William Kellett is being erected in the Methodist Church. The work has been entrusted to Mr. D. B. Acton. It is a very handsome tablet, and will be a fine expression of the church's wish to keen green the memory of so lovable a churchman and so splendid a type of Christian citizen and gentleman. The tablet is to be unveiled in connection with the service of next Sunday evening by Rev. J. E. Carruthers, the President of the Methodist Conference.
Mudgee Guardian and North-Western Representative (NSW),
3 November 1913.
At the close of the President's sermon, Rev. G. Laverty briefly, explained that the tablet had been erected by voluntary offerings of members of the congregation. It was fitting, he said, that some such memorial should be raised to keep green the memory of a man with such a phenomenal record in connection with that church in which they were then worshipping. For 50 years he was a trustee, for 50 years a member of its Quarterly Meeting, for 50 years a Sunday School teacher, and for the greater part of that time S.S.Superintendent, while for 45 years he was choirmaster. Mr. Laverty then asked the President to unveil the tablet, which bears the following inscription: — "This memorial was erected by the members of the congregation as a tribute to the memory of William Kellett, who for half-a-century was an ardent worker and generous benefactor in connection with this Church. 1913."
Excerpt from Mudgee Methodism, Methodist (Sydney, NSW),
29 November 1913.
|Address:||85-89 Mortimer Street, Uniting Church, Mudgee, 2850|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.593056|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Mr. D.B. Acton|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 9th November, 1913|
This memorial was erected by the members of the congregation as a tribute to the memory of William Kellett, who for half-a-century was an ardent worker and generous benefactor in connection with this Church. 1913.