Edmund ColemanPrint Page
A stained glass window erected by St Andrew's Guild in 1930 commemorates Edmund Coleman, a parishioner for over 45 years, who died in 1906.
Mr. Coleman arrived in Lismore somewhere in the fifties of the last century and established a store. This was situated near the present Methodist parsonage, and for many years a thriving business was done. For over fifty years Mr. Coleman lived in Lismore and performed many worthy acts of citizenship. Always a keen member of the Anglican Church the late Mr. Coleman was much interested when the late Rev. F. R. Newton suggested the erection of the first St. Andrew's Church in Lismore. He was a member of the first building committee and at the first Easter meeting was elected a church warden with Messrs. John Peate and S. Garrard as colleagues. Associated with him on the building committee were the late Mr. Wm. Smith and Mr. Frank Fredericks (still living at Caniata.) Mr. Coleman died about 25 years ago, and at last a determined effort is being made to honour his memory. St. Andrew's Guild have undertaken to place a window in the east end of the church.
Northern Star (Lismore, NSW), 9 April 1930.
The memorial window which St. Andrew's Guild has undertaken to place in the Parish Church at Lismore in memory of the late Mr. Edmund Coleman, is in process of manufacture and will, it is anticipated, be in its place in good time for the unveiling and dedication which is set down for the last Sunday in July at 11 a.m. A full list of subscribers will be published in the July number of the "Messenger" which will be available at the end of the week. A little over £20 is still required that the memorial may be dedicated free of debt.
Northern Star (Lismore, NSW), 1 July 1930.
|Address:||Zadoc Street, St Andrew`s Anglican Church, Lismore, 2480|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.805278|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 27th July, 1930|