Mrs Alice Styman Print Page
A stained glass window bearing a portrait of George Stanton the third Bishop of Newcastle, commemorates Mrs Alice Styman who was a constant worshipper at the church.
St James Church was the parish church for the Bishops of Newcastle Diocese.
At the 9.30 service in St. James's Church. Morpeth, tomorrow morning two memorials will be unveiled by Canon E. J. Withycombe, a former rector of the parish. One is a window to the memory of family that has been prominently associated with the church for many years. The window will be a portrait of the late Bishop Stanton, third bishop of Newcastle. It will bo placed in the porch as a companion window to that already there as a memorial to Canon G. F. Rushforth. The window was made by Mr. John Ashwin, of Sydney, to the design of Mr. Radecki.
A desk in the baptistry, to the memory of Mrs. Elizabeth Callcott, another parishioner for a number of years, will also be unveiled.
The Maitland Daily Mercury (NSW), 18 February 1939.
|Address:||Tank & High Streets, St James Church, Morpeth, 2321|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.727043|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Mr Radecki (designer)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||John Ashwin|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 19th February, 1939|