Bishop John FrewerPrint Page
The statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Infant Christ is a gift of the Society of Mary to commemorate Bishop John Frewer, one time Bishop of the North West Diocese.
The Right Reverend John Frewer was an Australian Bishop for over three decades in the mid 20th century. Born on 1 November 1863 at Fulletby in Lincolnshire, he was educated at The King's School, Canterbury and Lincoln Theological College. Ordained in 1909 after a Curacy in Boston he emigrated to Australia where he became Domestic Chaplain to the Bishop of Bunbury-eventually becoming a Canon of the area. A member of the Brotherhood of St Boniface he was their Warden from 1919 until his elevation to the Episcopate. He died on 7 December 1974.
|Address:||St Georges Terrace, St Georges Cathedral , Perth, 6000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.955556|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Portugese Lardo Factory|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th May, 1977|