Sister RosaPrint Page
Children`s Corner Chapel created as a memorial to Sister Rosa.
St Mary`s School was founded in 1918 by Miss AG Philpott. In the 1920s a number of improvements were made to the church and it gained several fine pieces with carvings by Miss Philpott, including the font, altar and a sanctuary chair and table. Miss Philpott later professed as a Sister of the Sacred Advent and was known as Sister Rosa. She died in 1928 and a Children`s Corner chapel was created in 1929, in a section of the porch opposite the main entrance of Holy Trinity, as a memorial to her.
|Address:||38 Broadway Street, Holy Trinity Church, Herberton, 4887|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -17.380117|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1929|