Reverend Cusack RussellPrint Page
Baptismal Font dedicated to Reverend Cusack Russell who was the first vicar for St Johns Anglican Church in Digby. He was appointed Vicar of the Valley of Wannon in 1849 by Bishop Perry, the first Bishop of Melbourne.
Reverend Russell laid the foundation stone for the St John's Anglican Church in April 1861, and the church was consecrated in December that year.
|Address:||Portland - Casterton Road & Buckingham Street, St Johns Anglican Church, Digby, 3309|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.802743|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Religious Object|
GLORY and in memory of REVEREND F.T.C.RUSSELL D.C.L For 25 years their faithful pastor This font is dedicated by his loving parishioners. He died at sea Feb 7 1876 AND HE WAS NOT