Reverend Michael O`ConnorPrint Page
A stained glass window commemorates Reverend Michael O`Connor, the first Bishop of Ballarat.
St Patrick’s was Ballarat’s only parish church from 1863 to 1963.The official opening of the church was in 1871 and when the Diocese of Ballarat was formed in 1874, the first Bishop, Dr Michael O’Connor chose it for his Cathedral.
|Address:||3 Lyons Street South , St Patrick`s Cathedral , Ballarat, 3350|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.561859|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Erected by the community of Loreto Abbey to the memory of the Most Rev. Michael O`Connor, First Bishop of Ballarat