Noyes Memorial HallPrint Page
The Noyes Memorial Hall was named in honour of Mrs Aloysia Noyes an English lady who financed the building of the All Saints Church. She also assisted in replacing the parish hall which had been destroyed by fire.
A new parish hall is in the course of construction next to All Saints' Church, Collie. It Is being erected largely by voluntary labour to replace a hall which was destroyed by fire, and will be called the Noyes Memorial Hall in honour of Mrs. Aloysia Noyes, the English lady who donated the beautiful church.
The West Australian (Perth), 15th April 1933.
Information has been received from England by the rector (the Rev. A. S. Cracknell) that Mrs. A. Noyes, who had greatly assisted the Collie Anglican parish during the past 20 years, died on November 19. Although Mrs. Noyes never visited Australia, she financed the building of a striking brick church in the Collie parish a few years ago. Mrs. Noyes enabled a bell tower to be added to the church and, not long afterwards, she assisted the parishioners to build a parish hall to replace a building that had been destroyed by fire. In a letter to the Rev. Cracknell, her brother (the Rev. W. Busby) stated that she had taken a keen interest in Collie to the last. "One is glad to think that in your church there is a lasting memorial to a devoted woman," he added.
The West Australian (Perth ), 15th December 1938.
|Address:||Venn & Mungalup Streets, Collie, 6225|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.362222|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1935|