Edward JonesPrint Page
A plaque commemorates Edward Jones who was a warden of the church for fifty years.
The sudden passing of the late Mr. Edward Jones has severed another link with the early pioneering days of the district. As a young man Mr. Jones came to the district, about 50 years ago, and with his three brothers settled at "Annandale," a very fine property adjacent to Denman, In the course of time they acquired other properties in the district and bccame well-known pastoralists, and at one time held a controling interest in the property near Martindale known as "Jones's Reserve." Although 84 years of age, Mr. Jones was an active man and his appearance belied his age.
The late Mr. Jones was a Justice of the Peace, and took an active interest in the affairs of St. Matthias' Church of England. The passing of such a fine type of our early pioneers has caused widespread regret in the district. Deceased leaves a widow and one brother. The remains were interred in the Church of England cemetery at Muswellbrook on Saturday last.
The Muswellbrook Chronicle (NSW), 24 January 1939.
|Address:||35 Palace Street, St Matthias Anglican Church, Denman, 2328|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.391961|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Who Was Warden And A Worshipper
In This Church For Fifty Years
Died 19th January 1939,
Aged 54 years.