Margaret HallPrint Page
A stained glass window commemorates Margaret Hall who was a worker at the church for over 25 years.
A very impressive and interesting church service took place at Holy Trinity Church on Sunday afternoon last, when the Rev. Archdeacon Hayman officiated at the unveiling of a stained glass window, erected by the parishioners to commemorate the services rendered to the church by the late Miss Margaret (Madge) Hall, who for a period extending over 25 years had been an active church worker. The window, which is a splendid work of art, represents Timothy receiving instruction at his mothers knee, and is a very appropriate subject, as the interest which the late Miss Hall at all times evinced in imparting knowledge to the young in connection with the Sunday School work was an outstanding characteristic.
In addition, she was a leading member of the choir for many years, and this fact was reflected to a large extent by the full attendance of the members of the choir on Sunday last and the earnest manner in which the various items were rendered, which consisted principally of anthems and hymns which were the deceased lady's favorite numbers. Miss Hall was also an associate of the Girls' Friendly Society, over which she exercised a controlling influence for its good. In fact she was to the front in all matters operating for the good of the church and humanity.
Williamstown Chronicle (Vic), 19 May 1917.
|Address:||Nelson Place & Pasco Street, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Williamstown, 3016|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.860138|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 13th May, 1917|