Reverend William Wallace Fullarton MurrayPrint Page
A stained glass window erected by parishioners in memory of Reverend William Wallace Fullarton Murray who was the Chaplain of New Norfolk from 1854 to 1893.
The Rev. William Wallace Fullerton Murray M.A., was chaplain for over 39 years from December 1854 to January 1894 when he retired. He was then one of the last of the old colonial chaplains. When Van Diemen's Land was a Crown colony the clergy were Government chaplains, appointed and paid by the English Government.
On the north side of the church is a window "In Memory of the Rev. W. W. F. Murray, M.A., Chaplain of New Norfolk, 1854-1893." This was erected by the parishioners and was unveiled June 20, 1896
The Mercury (Hobart), 14th August 1935.
|Address:||Bathurst Street, St Matthew`s Church, New Norfolk, 7140|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.77951|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1854|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1893|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Mayer & Co. (Munich,Germany)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 20th June, 1896|
In memory of the Rev. W. W. F. Murray M. A.
Chaplain of New Norfolk 1854 to 1893
Mayer & Co.. Munich