www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Dr Egbert John ConnellPrint Page Print this page

Doctor Egbert John Connell : 08-July-2011
Doctor Egbert John Connell : 08-July-2011

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders

A window commemorates the 30 years of service to the hospital by Dr Egbert John Connell.

The window was originally installed at the hospital in 1928 above the landing of the stairs going up to the second floor of what was then the main building of the hospital.  The inscription plaque is now at History House (Gilles Street) in Warrnambool.

The death has occurred of Dr. E. J. Connell, who had practised in Warrnambool for 30 years. Deceased was only ill a few days, serious complications following an attack of influenza. He was one of the most eminent men in his profession in the Western district, several of the operations which he had performed being recorded in the "Medical Journal." During the war he served as a medical officer in Egypt and at Lemnos. He was a native of Bacchus Marsh, where his father was school teacher. After studying at Scotch College he graduated in 1892, and before coming to Warrnamhool he practised at St. James and Tungamah. He leaves a wife and young son. 
Age (Melbourne), 7 April 1928.

Location

Address:89 Merri Street, Flagstaff Hill Museum, Warrnambool, 3280
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.390044
Long: 142.484833
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Medicine

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Wednesday 4th April, 1928
Front Inscription

Plaque:
A TRIBUTE TO
EGBERT JOHN CONNELL M.B.B.S.
Who For 30 Years Rendered Devoted And
Valuable Service To This Institution.  
Obiit April 4th 1928, A.D.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design