Ernest David RoperPrint Page
Gates erected by the Old Falconians Union to the memory of a former president 1901-1958 and eminent judge, Ernest David Roper.
Roper was appointed to the Land and Valuation Court as deputy-judge from 2 February 1937. He became the sole judge on 25 May. Owing to a decline in the number of cases, he frequently acted as a Supreme Court judge between 1937 and 1940. His appointment as a Supreme Court judge in 1940 was backdated to 25 May 1937. On the bench Roper proved an immediate and conspicuous success and quickly earned the respect of his fellow judges, the legal profession, and the litigants who appeared before him.
The Old Falconians Union is the alumni body of the school. The name "Old Falconians" is derived from Falcon Street which is the address of the school.
|Address:||Falcon & Miller Streets, North Sydney Boys High School, Crows Nest, 2065|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.828847|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.