George Henry Bosch Print Page
A stained glass window commemorates George Henry Bosch , (1861-1934), merchant and philanthropist. The window represents “The Good Samaritan” and is the work of Mr Norman Carter.
In 1909 Bosch had given handsomely to the Dreadnought Fund. He gave £1000 to the University of Sydney in 1924 for research into spastic paralysis and next year £2000 for cancer research. In 1928 he provided £27,000 to establish a chair of histology and embryology and transferred to the university almost £200,000 in property and securities. The income was to be used for chairs of medicine, surgery and bacteriology.
He also gave £10,000 in 1928 to Trinity Grammar School, Summer Hill, contributed largely to the upkeep of the Milleewa Boys' Home, Ashfield, and the Windsor Boys' Farm, and assisted St John's Church of England, Gordon.
Employees of the Sydney Melbourne and Brisbane branches of his company also shared largely in his generosity and bulk of his money.
|Address:||754 Pacific Highway , St. John the Evangelist`s Anglican Church, Gordon, 2072|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.757153|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Mr Norman Carter|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 22nd March, 1936|
To the glory of God and in loving memory of George Henry Bosch Aug 30th 1934