Harry W. Cramp & Hilmer HedbergPrint Page
A plaque on the gates at the Salmon Ponds commemorates two Salmon Freshwater Fisheries Commissioners, Harry W. Cramp and Hilmer Hedberg.
A set of gates erected as a memorial to the man who donated the land for the salmon ponds at Plenty in the Derwent Valley was officially opened on Saturday. The memorial gates were opened by the Attorney General (Mr. Fagan), who praised the action of the late Dr. George Reid in granting the land. Mr. Fagan also unveiled a plaque on the gates to perpetuate the work of two Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries commissioners. They are the present chairman of the commissioners (Mr. O. H. Hedberg) and a former commissioner (Mr. H. W. Cramp).
Examiner (Launceston), 2nd March 1953.
|Address:||70 Salmon Ponds Road, Stannards Cottage Salmon Ponds, Plenty, 7140|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.7539897|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - State|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 28th February, 1953|
This plaque is in recognition of the many years of valuable service rendered by Harry W. Cramp and Hilmer Hedberg, to the freshwater fisheries of the State
Erected by the anglers of Tasmania
A. D. 1952