Robert Hardy & Frederick HardyPrint Page
A fountain commemorates Councillors Robert John Hardy and Frederick George Jack Hardy, his son.
In 1939, this stone fountain was erected and the reserve named in honour of Robert John Hardy, who represented the Victoria Ward from 1915 to 1937. The fountain also honours his son, Frederick George Jack Hardy, who succeeded him and represented the ward for 37 years. In May 1977, a plaque was unveiled on each side of the fountain, recognising of the services of the men.
|Address:||MacPherson Street, Hardy Reserve, Carlton North, 3054|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.78527|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Local|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1939|