A. C. MilsonPrint Page
Monument commemorates the Mayor of North Sydney 1909 -1914. The former Kirribilli Park was renamed to Milson Park to honour the former Mayor.
|Address:||Bradly Avenue, Milson Park, Kirribilli, 2061|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.844167|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Sub-Theme:||Government - Local|
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1909|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1914|
Milson Park was dedicated as public parkland in 1898 and originally gazetted as Kirribilli Park. The park is built on an area of land reclaimed from Careening Cove. Its name changed in 1912 to honour the Mayor of North Sydney, Alderman G. Milson (1909-1912, 1913-1914), a descendant of one of North Sydney's early land grantees, James Milson.