Charles Norman MorrisonPrint Page
The Norman Morrison Memorial Bell was given by members of the parish in memory of Charles Norman Morrison, principal of Geelong College.
Charles Norman Morrison's legacy at the School was profound. During his period as Principal he had modernized the Curriculum and the School by building the Chemistry and Physics Laboratories, a Sports pavilion and Oval, and championing the College Cadet Corps. His most significant act was to sell the School back to the Presbyterian Church in 1908, in a move that was to ensure participation in the Associated Public Schools (APS) Competition.
On 12 November 1909, Morrison, apparently, shot himself while climbing through a fence at his Mount Moriac propertysure participation in the Associated Public Schools (APS) Competition.
|Address:||Noble Street, All Saints Church, Newtown, 3220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.153144|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Manufacturer:||Mears & Stainbank (London)|