Charles BuckinghamPrint Page
In 1942 when the Australian Army took over Narrogin Agricultural School Mr Buckingham was given the job of re-establishing the school in Denmark. The town was chosen because of easy access to the already established Denmark Research Station. Mr Buckingham was principal for 10 years and set up the new school during a time when there were no buildings, few staff and food rationing. Students were boarded in scattered places in the town until the accommodation and classroom section was built in 1947. The first school building was a manual arts block on Scotsdale Road, today marked with a plaque with images near the entrance of the hospital.
|Address:||872 South Coast Highway, WA College of Agriculture Denmark , Denmark, 6333|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.954125|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||May-2015|