G. Kyburz & SonPrint Page
A plaque is mounted on the front of the Grandstand honouring the dedicated workmanship of contractors, Messrs. G Kyburz and Son in completing the grandstand.
Towards the end of 1924 fire destroyed the grandstand and with only nine weeks until the 1925 Show a brave decision was made by the President Mr G Purvis-Smith to construct a new concrete structure. The contractors, Messrs. G Kyburz and Son took up the challenge and had the magnificent grandstand erected and almost complete within seven weeks.
|Address:||Manners Street, Grandstand, Tenterfield Showground, Tenterfield, 2372|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -29.055278|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.