www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Walter TaylorPrint Page Print this page

24-November-2017
24-November-2017
Photographs supplied by John Huth

The marble tablet commemorates Walter Taylor who was responsible for the building of the Graceville Uniting Church.

In 1928, the Church Trustees empowered Walter Taylor to devise plans for a new church on the corner of Verney and Oxley Roads. The foundation stone was laid on Saturday 2 March 1929 at a ceremony presided over by the President of the Queensland Methodist Conference. The church was opened by His Excellency the Governor, Sir John Goodwin, on 29 November 1930.

Tribute was paid to the architect and builder of the church, Walter Taylor, with the congregation`s appreciation expressed in the erection of a marble slab and framed photographs of Walter and Louisa Taylor in the church. The church is listed on the Queensland Heritage Register.

 

Location

Address:Verney & Oxley Roads, Graceville Uniting Church, Graceville, 4340
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.520729
Long: 152.979051
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Architecture

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:November-1930
Front Inscription

THIS TABLET IS ERECTED
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
In Grateful Commemoration Of The Devoted
Leadership, Professional Skill And
Consecrated Generosity Shown By
WALTER TAYLOR ESQ.,
In The Building Of This Church
November, 1930.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design