Pioneers MemorialPrint Page
Memorial Tablet erected during the centenary celebrations in 1936 in memory of the pioneers of Bunbury and to the efforts of Archdeacon Wollaston who was responsible for the building of the church in 1842.
St Mark`s is one of the earliest churches built in WA.
The first of the functions in connection with Bunbury's Centenary celebrations, which will extend right through to Easter, will take place next Sunday when thanksgiving services will be held in the various churches. Next Sunday will also be marked by the unveiling of a tablet to the memory of Rev. J. R. Wollaston, M.A., and the old pioneers buried in the churchyard of the Picton Church, which was built in 1842.
Sunday Times (Perth) ,13th December 1936
|Address:||Charterhouse Close & Flynn Street, St Mark`s Anglican Church, East Bunbury, 6230|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.344597|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 20th December, 1936|