Pioneers WallPrint Page
Pioneers Wall was erected as a tribute to the early settlers of Gooloogong.
A cattle station named 'Gool-a-gong' was established in the district in the 1820s by a Dr William Redfern, the personal physician to Governor Macquarie. The original village developed on the banks of the Lachlan. All that remains of that settlement is a headstone on the site of the original Anglican church. The village later moved to higher ground due to flooding.
|Address:||Nanima Road & Lachlan Valley Way, Gooloogong, 2805|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.613726|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th April, 2007|
This Pioneer`s Wall Has Been Proudly
Erected By The
Gooloogong Historical Society Inc.
To Pay Tribute To Our Early Settlers And
To Acknowledge The Hardships They Faced.
Gooloogong Was Proclaimed A Village
20 March 1885.
Wall opened 7 April 2007
THE WIRADJURI PEOPLE
Gooloogong Is Proudly Part Of
One Of The Largest Aboriginal Language Groups
We Acknowledge And Honour Their Past And
Seek Reconciliation With Them And All People.
The Wedge And Hughes Families And Their
Descendents Lived And Worked In The