West Sale Migrant Holding CentrePrint Page
Commemorates the immigration camp and the contribution that migrants and displaced persons have made to Australia and Gippsland.
The West Sale Migrant Holding Centre was located at the disused RAAF Base in Fulham between 1949 & 1953. It provided accommodation for women & children while their respective husbands worked & lived at work camp sites across Gippsland. Over 700 families displaced by the war in Europe called West Sale home.
|Address:||Williams Drive, Sale Airport, Fulham, 3851|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.094125|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
This memorial marks the site of the West Sale Migrant Holding Centre and commemorates the contribution made by the Displaced Person Migrants to the development of Australia, and in particular Gippsland.