www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Catholic PioneersPrint Page Print this page

03-May-2015
03-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The monument and statue commemorate the Catholic pioneers of the Parish.   Many of them of Irish descent are buried in former Catholic cemetery. The remnants of the original memorial unveiled in 1950 are buried beneath the memorial. 

Location

Address:22 West Goderich Street, Former Catholic Cemetery , Deloraine, 7304
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.525172
Long: 146.649768
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 26th June, 2011
Front Inscription

Plaque:
This monument and relocated statue was erected to 
enable growth of the Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School, 
while honouring the Catholic pioneers of the parish

                 Blessed by 
 Most Rev. Adrian L Doyle AM
Archbishop of Hobart 

on the 26th June 2011

The remnants of the 1950 monument are buried 
beneath and the original plaque is affixed below

Plaque :

This Monument Was Erected A D 1950 
To Perpetuate The Memory Of 
The Pioneer Catholics Of The Parish Whose 
Remains Lie Buried In These Grounds
May Their Souls Rest In Peace.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design