www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Aldersyde Pioneer Memorial ChurchPrint Page Print this page

The Aldersyde Pioneer Memorial Church is dedicated to the memory of the district pioneers.

Land for a proposed townsite at the 18½ mile peg on the Brookton-Kunjin Railway (Kunjin being near Corrigin) was resumed from four properties in 1913. One of the properties, owned by Mr Frederick Pyke was named "Aldersyde", and this name was suggested as the name of the town by the local progress association in 1914. Nuralgin and Markegin were other names considered, and Aldersyde was gazetted in 1915.

 

Location

Address:Railway Terrace, Aldersyde, 6306
State:WA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.373067
Long: 117.276807
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Link:http://stateheritage.wa.gov.au/

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 23rd October, 1954
Source: MA, HWA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design