www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers MemorialPrint Page Print this page

The plaque commemorates the pioneers of Winulta. 

The settlement was created at a junction of six roads and emerged in 1877 and the first farmers were William Short, Thomas Kenny and John Sharrad. Not much ever developed at Winulta except the school and St Peter’s Anglican Church. The fine Anglican Church was designed by Port Pirie architect William Mallyon and erected in 1905 and opened by Archdeacon Bussel. It was built on land donated by one of the pioneer farmers William Short. It closed in 1988 and was then demolished. 

Location

Address:Clinton & Old Boundary Roads, Winulta, 5555
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.276301
Long: 137.871904
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Front Inscription
WINULTA CENTENARY 
          1977
A Tribute To The Pioneers
Who Initiated Development
Of This District 1877
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design