Pioneers MemorialPrint Page
The Pioneers Memorial marks the site where the first settler acquired land in Dooen. The memorial was instigated by the Horsham Branch of the A.N.A and erected by public subscription and unveiled by Sir Edmund Herring, Lieutenant-Governor and dedicated by the Bishop of Ballarat , The Right Reverend D.W.Johnson on the 8th March 1949.
Mr J.F.Darlot took up land near the site in 1841, the land being part of the North Brighton Homestead. In 1842, Mr Charles Carter, who came across from Tasmania, took over the land.
|Address:||Henty Highway & Longerenong Road, Dooen, 3401|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.661214|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||1841|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Robson & Sons (Stawell)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 8th May, 1949|