Urbenville District PioneersPrint Page
A walled garden established in 1962 commemorates the work of the district pioneers. The garden also contains a fountain set into flagstone surrounds which was erected as a bequest from the will of Mr Charles Wood.
Originally known as Tooloom, the village was renamed Urbenville after Mr. William Urben who was the first white child born at the Tooloom Gold Diggings. Records show that a post office was established in 1909, a school was set up in 1910 and the village was proclaimed in 1912.
|Address:||Beaury Street, Urbenville and District Hospital, Urbenville, 2475|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.471667|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 2nd September, 1962|