www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of the Shire of BullooPrint Page Print this page

13-September-2018
13-September-2018

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The time capsule commemorates the centenary of the Shire of Bulloo in 1980.

The Shire of Bulloo is a local government area in South West Queensland, Australia. Cameron Corner, the point where New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia meet, is located at the south west corner of the shire. The Bulloo Shire covers an area of 73,807.6 square kilometres (28,497.3 sq mi), and its administrative centre is the town of Thargomindah.

Paroo Division was established on 11 November 1879 as one of the original divisions proclaimed under the Divisional Boards Act 1879. On 3 June 1880, the western part of the Paroo Division was separated to create the Bullo Division. Bulloo Division became the Shire of Bulloo on 31 March 1903. On 17 July 1930 Shire of Bulloo was abolished and absorbed into Shire of Quilpie, but was re-instated on 4 July 1931.

 

 

 

Location

Address:Dowling Street, Council Offices, Thargomindah, 4492
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.996743
Long: 143.822153
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Time Capsule
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1880
Approx. Event End Date:1980

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 8th August, 1980
Front Inscription

TIME CAPSULE
The Encasement Of The Capsule
Containing Period Information
Was Undertaken On
8th AUGUST1980
      By
W. H. GLASSON ESQ. 
Member For Gregory
To Celebrate The Centenary Of The Shire Of Bulloo

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design