www.monumentaustralia.org.au

125th Anniversary of Kew MunicipalityPrint Page Print this page

22-November-2014
22-November-2014

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders
An art work "The Four Seasons" commemorates the 125th anniversary of the municipality of Kew.

Kew was first incorporated as a municipal district on 19 December 1860, a borough in October 1863, and a town on 8 December 1910. It was proclaimed a city on 10 March 1921. On 22 June 1994, the City of Kew was abolished, and, along with the Cities of Camberwell and Hawthorn, was merged into the newly created City of Boroondara.

Location

Address:Civic Drive, Kew Library, Kew, 3101
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.807833
Long: 145.034561
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Art
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Actual Event STart Date:1860
Actual Event End Date:1985

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1985
Front Inscription

Plaque :

"THE FOUR SEASONS"
By Alan Sumner, M.B.E.

Acquired By The City Of Kew In 1985
With The Assistance Of Jill & Denis O`Brien
To Commemorate The 125th Anniversary
Of The Municipality Of Kew

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design