First 150 Years of HeathcotePrint Page Print this page

Sesquicentenary Park Sign : July-2014
Sesquicentenary Park Sign : July-2014

Photographs supplied by Peter F Williams
A park commemorates Heathcote`s first one hundred and fifty years from 1842 to 1992.

Heathcote was originally known as Bottle Forest. There were fourteen town allotments in Bottle Forest in 1842, in what is now Heathcote East. In 1835 Surveyor-General Sir Thomas Mitchell (1792–1855) conducted a survey of the area and named it Heathcote, in honour of an officer who had fought with him during the Peninsula Wars against Napoleon.


Address:Bottle Forest Road, Heathcote Sesquicentenary Park, Heathcote , 2233
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.084135
Long: 151.014398
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:Landscape
Approx. Event Start Date:1842
Approx. Event End Date:1992


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 31st October, 1992
Front Inscription

Sesquicentenary Park

Plaque : 

The Council of the Shire of Sutherland commemorating Heathcote's first one hundred and fifty years  - 1842 to 1992 -

This area was officially named the Heathcote Sesquicentenary Park by Councillor Ian Swords Shire President on 31st October, 1992

J.W.Rayner    General Manager Shire Council 


Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design