Captain Arthur Phillip ExpeditionPrint Page Print this page

Captain Phillip Landing Plaque  : 29-September-2014
Captain Phillip Landing Plaque : 29-September-2014

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The plaque commemorates the landing of Captain Arthur Phillip on Dangar Island on the 7th March 1788.

Dangar Island’s first recorded visit by Europeans was in 1788 by Captain (later Governor) Arthur Phillip when the Island was named Mullet Island due to the abundance of this fish. Phillip visited twice again in 1789 using the Island as a base for short explorations of the river.


Address:Grantham Crescent, Dangar Island, 2083
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.539202
Long: 151.242313
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Actual Event STart Date:07-March-1788
Actual Event End Date:07-March-1788
Monument Manufacturer:Hornsby Shire Council


Front Inscription

This plaque was placed here by Hornsby Shire Council to commemorate the landing of Captain Arthur Phillip R.N. on this island on 7th March 1788.


Source: MA,H
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design