Captain Cook Navigational CentrePrint Page
The Captain Cook Navigational Centre was erected in 1970 to commemorate the Captain Cook Bicentenary.
The Captain Cook Bicentenary was celebrated in 1970 on the 200th anniversary of Captain James Cook's arrival and claiming of the east coast of Australia in 1770. The name of the place on which he is believed to have made first landfall was renamed from Cape Everard back to the name Cook had given it, Point Hicks.
|Address:||Newell Highway, Cooee March Memorial Park , Gilgandra, 2827|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.720957|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1770|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1970|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1970|