150th Anniversary of the Court of Petty SessionsPrint Page Print this page

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

A plaque commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the Court of Petty Sessions from 1832 to 1982.

The Bathurst Court of Petty Sessions was established on 30 September 1832 under section 17 of the Act of the Colonial Legislature, 3 William IV No.3. 

The Bathurst Court of Petty Sessions was abolished on 31 December 1984 when the Local Courts Act 1982 abolished all Courts of Petty Sessions and replaced these with Local Courts. 


Address:Russell Street, Bathurst Court House, Bathurst, 2795
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.418187
Long: 149.578483
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Actual Event STart Date:30-September-1832
Actual Event End Date:30-September-1982


Front Inscription

Court of Petty Sessions N.S.W.

This plaque was unveiled by the Hon. Frank Walker, Q.C., M.P., Attorney General, Minister of Justice and Minister for Aboriginal Affairs to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the establishment on 30th September 1832 of a Court of Petty Sessions at Bathurst

R. J. Clough, M.P., Member for Bathurst
A. L. Barnett,          Acting Under Secretary of Justice       

150th Anniversary 1832 to 1982



Source: MA,H
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design