www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Dubbo Court HousePrint Page Print this page

17-June-2019
17-June-2019

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
The plaque commemorates the centenary of the Dubbo Court House 1889 - 1989. 

In the 1880s, a new courthouse for Dubbo was designed by Colonial Architect James Barnet. This was likely in response to the increased workload created by the new gaol in Dubbo and the growth of the town. The courthouse was completed by the end of the decade and backed onto the gaol. A residence and two cells were also constructed on the grounds. The previous courthouse was then used as a drill hall for the local regiment. 

Location

Address:Brisbane Street, Dubbo Court House, Dubbo, 2830
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.246204
Long: 148.603804
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Approx. Event Start Date:1889
Approx. Event End Date:1989

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 13th May, 1989
Front Inscription
               1889 - 1989 
THE HONOURABLE JOHN DOWD, L.L.B., M.P.
ATTORNEY GENERAL OF NEW SOUTH WALES
UNVEILED THIS PLAQUE ON 13th MAY, 1989
TO COMMEMORATE THE CENTENARY OF 
    THE DUBBO COURT HOUSE

Designed In The Office Of J. Barnet Colonial Architect 
The Hon. G. Peacocke, M.P.,    T.W. Haines LL.B.,
Minister For Business And         Secretary 
Consumer Affairs And                Attorney General`s Department
Member For Dubbo

R.D. Christie                             L.D. Kelly
Director Of Public Works          Government Architect 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design