www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Federation & Centenary of Australian CustomsPrint Page Print this page

27-June-2016
27-June-2016

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown / Peter Williams
A plaque at Customs House commemorates the Centenary of Federation & the Centenary of Australian Customs from 1901  to 2001. 

The Department of Trade and Customs was an Australian government department  that existed between 1901 and 1956. It was one of the inaugural government departments of Australia established at federation.  In 1956, the department was abolished and most of its functions were split between the Department of Customs and Excise and the Department of Trade. 

Customs occupied the building from 1845 to 1990.

Location

Address:31 Alfred Street, Customs House Entrance, Sydney, 2000
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.861995
Long: 151.210881
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:Federal
Actual Event STart Date:01-January-1901
Actual Event End Date:01-January-2001

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2001
Front Inscription

This plaque commemorates the Centenary of Federation

Customs House Sydney

Customs occupied this building
1845 - 1990

The Centenary of Federation
The Centenary of Australian Customs

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design