150 Years Of Worship - St Andrew`s Uniting ChurchPrint Page
A plaque commemorates 150 years of worship at St Andrews Uniting Church.
The Presbyterian Church in the Mortlake district was founded by the Reverend William Hamilton. As early as 1847, regular services were being held, firstly in the parlour of Mount Shadwell station, owned by Captain James Webster, and then later in the woolshed. In 1854 the church moved into a barn where services were held until 1857. A building was erected in Boundary Road and was used until the current church opened on the 8th June 1862. The ‘old church’ building still exists today as a private residence.
|Address:||Shaw Street, St. Andrew`s Uniting Church, Mortlake, 3272|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.078978|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1862|
|Approx. Event End Date:||2012|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th June, 2012|