Parishioners Memorial GatePrint Page
The entrance gate of the church and memorial tablet commemorate Messrs C. Napper, W. Connor, F. G. Blanch, and W. P. Thomson, former parishioners of the church.
In perfect weather about 80 members and friends gathered in a half circle outside the entrance gate of St. David's Presbyterian Church, Cowper, on Sunday, for special service arranged for the unveiling of a tablet and dedication of a memorial. The service was conducted by the Minister, Rev. J. P. Mortimore, who, after he had invoked Divine Blessing on the people and service, accepted the memorial as a gift from the people. He solemnly dedicated it to the glory, of God and to the memory of His faithful servants.
The minister called on Mrs Napper, Senr., the oldest member of St. David's Congregation, to assist him unveil the tablet after which, with appropiate words, she officially opened the gate and lead the Congregation through to the Church. The minister read for the Lesson Heb. 11. which spoke of many of God's faithful people who had died in faith. The text was chosen from 2nd Chrn. 31: 20-21. "And Hezekiah did that which was right and good and truth before the Lord his God, and every work in the service of His House, he did with all his heart." That, said Mr. Mortimore, was the tribute they could pay those men whose memory they had, by the memoria.(sic) erected to them, determined to perpetuate, and whose names were inscribed on the Tablet— F. G. Blanch, C. Napper, W. Connor and W.P. Thomson.
Daily Examiner (Grafton, NSW), 9 May 1947.
|Address:||Old Pacific Highway & Wilson Street, St Davids Presbyterian Church, Cowper, 2460|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -29.569459|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.